Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's been a long time coming......

Well here it is, my first post in over 18 months. I figured this blog was kaput! I mean who's reading Baseball Card blogs anymore? So I left it up, but not updated in some sort of cardboard purgatory. Between Twitter, and other various forms of instant communication I assumed most collectors didn't have time to read something longer than 140 characters.  Then, this morning I was inspired by another blogger whose entire post centered around, well, me.

My buddy AJ over at The Lost Collector and I put together a small trade about a month ago. Check out his awesome blog and aforementioned article here: The Lost Collector 

This was an odd trade for me because as you can tell from my twitter handle (@YanksandBeans btw....follow that shit) I Collect Yankees and typically don't trade em. However if you've ever dealt with me before you know how I feel about collecting. If I have something in my collection that will enhance yours, I'm more than happy to move it. So was the case with AJ. We had a few things that could help each other out so it was a no-brainer. 

If you read his Blog you'll see just how much he appreciates what I sent to him. The same goes for me, I got some amazing stuff in return including some random Mariano cards I really needed. What really got me off about this whole trade though is his enthusiasm. The sheer joy AJ got from our trade made it all the more worth it for me. Basically it made me feel like a kid again and reminded me why I got back into collecting again in the first place. I'm a bit rejuvenated today, and this Blog and your eyes will bear the brunt of it.

Over the next few days/weeks I plan on Blogging more to bring anyone who's interested up to date on my collecting habits, and they are wacky. I'll be revealing my most recent PC items, TTM successes and if things work out, some box breaks. 

Naturally, I've picked up a few followers since my last post, and a lot of them seem to be of the tween variety. I'm hoping that some of them will find this Blog and it help them with their own collecting trends. It seems these kids are very "Big Hit" and prospect oriented.  If you fall into that category please heed this small piece of advice: Collect for you and only you. If you collect with the intent to pull only huge hits and make a profit, you will be disappointed, I promise. But if you collect cards because they mean something to you then you're ahead of the game. If you've ever felt that rush you only get from opening a fresh pack of cardboard, then you already won. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and you've never felt any of these things, move along. You're in the wrong hobby my friend.

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you around these parts. There are a lot of new, great blogs over the last year and half or so. Hope you are able to become acquainted with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. How's your dog? He was always the star if your box breaks. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go back and look at some of these breaks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome back. My pup Regis is doing great! I'll make sure he makes an appearance in my next break. There's someone else I want to introduce you guys to as well.

    ReplyDelete